Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What's a Blank Canvas?

I was just overjoyed that I had a great Big blank canvas, and an afternoon yesterday.  The big decision was whether it was Kamie or me who painted. Kamie won out... I took scotch tape, (masking tape would have worked better, but we are out and I'm all about innovation - like who needs a screwdriver when you have a knife?)  wrote LOVE, and gave her a brush... She picked out red paint and had a blast. 
During naptime I painted with black paint around the border... Then my rectangle o bugged me, so I touched that up with paint to make it an oval, and lined all the letters with a black magic marker.
When Kamie woke up she held it up against the kitchen wall, and told me to put it up. (Enter: hot glue gun) So we hung it nice and low where she can look at it.
This morning I added 1 John 4:19 - cuz it still looked a little 'blank' to me.
Ribbon, to line up my lettering

 
 
Kamie loves her masterpiece!  (Now if you want real art... check out my absolute favoritest artist -next to Kamie, that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment