Sunday, September 30, 2012

What I Love about Being A Mom

In No Particular Order Of Priority
  1. Having a baby snuggle under my chin
    (Negative is, I get a lot of zits there...)
  2. Being able to go to playland at McDonalds
  3. An excuse for having a tummy... But for real, it's not baby-fat, it's fudge-brownie-how-I-cope-with-kids fat. 
  4. Food... I happen to have a secret love of rice cereal (I'm serious)
  5. I can SING, and they not only don't care, but like it.  Blake Lee was humming along today, completely melted my heart.
  6. I love worshipping God with my kids. Raise hands, sing, pray, I am least self-conscious, and most God conscious then.
  7. I make better biscuits. (think it has something to do with not having time to over-work the dough)
  8. Insomnia doesn't happen around here.
  9. A reason to paint a bedroom tangerine
  10. Little brown shoes, and teeny pink toenails
  11. Belly laughs
  12. Big words out of her little mouth
    "Driving me crazy" - reciting to herself while picking up laundry
    To uncooperative toy "Listen to your mother!"
    "Oh My" >Here she pauses, I'm sure debating whether she wants her mouth washed out with soap, or not< "Goodness"
So much to appreciate if I choose to do so
       I snuggle in with her and watch the moon come up, she tells me that "it looks like rain" in true Farmer's Almanac style.  I pick him up and his tears stop. It's brutal, hard this whole mothering thing. But it's not thankless.



 

1 comment: