Monday, September 24, 2012

Good Busy

 I'm thankful for 'normal' busy, racing from here to there, sopping up whatever just landed on the kitchen floor.  Doing a quick intervention between Kamie & a basket of eggs. That's been the life lately. 
I spent my Friday with the lil brother-in-law, that guy is a riot.  We were listening to Tim Hawkins, a comedian, and he was coming up with his own parody titled "Things you don't say to your sister-in-law" Including 'Your feet are three feet wide', and 'your breath stinks'. ...If you want to live a long and healthy life... A school assignment was to write a short story using certain spelling words.  "Is it okay if I write 'Once there was a boy who had to write these words >spelling words< and he got very sick.'"
Friday night we packed up and had a girls sleepover. Relaxing, and crazy me, I actually went to bed before midnight.  Something about two kids and the rarity of synchronized naps, I guess.
The rest of the weekend included down time at my Mom's, shopping, fun bonfire at a neighbor's, Sunday dinner with a friend, and some salsa makin'. 
Really wasn't sure which pile to tackle first this morning... All while keeping Blake fat and happy, keeping Kamie out of trouble, and getting some school done with the brother-in-law. (Doing some 'subbing' due to work scheduling) 
Happy to report that:
Quite a few of the piles are smaller. (in the interest of fair reporting, some are larger, namely the laundry one.)
School went great.
Kamie took a three hour nap.
I canned the salsa.
One batch of hot pepper jelly, completed.
Only rubbed my eye once after cutting up jalapenos. (But, really who would do that twice)
And I'll end with a confession.
I actually like Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment