Monday, July 29, 2013

Grown-Up BLT's

I'm keeping my fridge stocked with bacon for the moment my big tomatoes finally up and decide to turn red.  This is slightly dangerous.  Cuz' I'm willing to make compromises for a BLT.  So currently I'm all about being a test kitchen and getting the perfect BLT down pat as I wait on the real tomatoes.
Today's Amazingness:
Toast
Cream cheese, spread on one piece
butter and mayo on the other
(like I said this BLT testing is dangerous business.)
Bacon (Duh) 
-I snip mine into little pieces so I have more even flavor-
A few drops of flavored vinegar
(I use red wine vinegar, it's milder and sweeter than balsamic, which I wanted to like but just didn't.)
lower-case-t tomatoes
Onion greens
Lettuce
Chervil 
(which is like parsley only milder, and not gone to seed yet...)
Cheese
and
*drumroll*
Lemon Basil
I planted it because I'm not a huge fan of basil but love herbs.
Then it grew and I had no idea what to do with it cuz it smells so lemony.
After a little experimentation...
It doesn't really keep it's lemony flavor in baking, and I like the basil flavor a lot better than, well, basil.
Uncooked it has a fantastic lemon flavor and is pretty soft on the herby basil side of things.
Yum yum!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment