Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Won't Be The "I'm Not..." Person

Unglued by Lysa TerKuerst is a fabulous read. There were many takeaway points, so many that I'm in the process of starting a group study for the book. One of which, was, not letting ourselves get nailed into boxes of our prior habits. We can do all things through our strength in Christ. We don't have to be the person who... has a messy closet, explodes, doesn't mail their Christmas Cards out on time, can't fry a chicken... etc. I'm sure you have your own list in your head. So this was running through my head tonight after our Bible time.
I had corralled the kids, and asked Bronz to >quick< read the Proverb for the day while one child was firmly planted next to him, and my lil Extra Appendage being ever near me. He laughed, "You do know what chapter that will be?" -Bummer, the 31st. Hmm kitchen clean, hair done, chicken fried steak digesting, I think I can take it. So after reading and discussing the chapter, I couldn't very well just veg out. Enter stretching, not Edith Project. I can sew, sorta. But it's always stressful. I'm artsy, and sewing requires too much of the mathematical parts of the brain, the parts that were misplaced when I was born. (Hey, maybe that's what's in my feet!)
So I pursed my lips and made This, well almost made it... The one below is not mine, I promise to put pictures up, no matter how lumpy it may be.  And I really only have a couple more steps to go before completion. But something about the sewing machine running into night time noise ordinance... Naw, Bronz is a great sport, he didn't even complain about all the racket I was making.  He did wake up and wonder about football stadium-esque lighting I had going on.  That would have been the time to make a coy reference to "Her candle goeth out not at night" or, "Hmm, wonder what the Proverbs 31 man's light bill was?"  I guess I was just too engrossed in making my own binding.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment