Sunday, January 27, 2013

Diary of a Germ

Not really, at least not too much, and it could be grosser I could be telling you about the gigantic Zit in my ear which hurts so bad, and is so big, that it's making me wonder if my dizziness is the Zit throwing off my equilibrium. Wait, that is gross. Everything, I promise, is uphill from there.

Bronz and I were both hit with a bad virus this week, he felt like his lungs were operating at 30 %, while I was dizzy, weak, and my nerves hurt.  We both limped along, sharing the 7up and Kleenex and keeping the recliner in business, yeah, and we both couldn’t get warm. Whew the wood stove has been cranking out the heat.  Our poor children are running around half naked.  Kamie doesn’t like it when I’m sick, she gets all motherly with me.  “Here Mommy, lay your head on me” >while patting me< “It’s ok, that too bad you’re sick.”

I did get to take a CPR class, before the bug hit. And I’m all certified too. (Thanks Pam!) I’ve even got a little card to prove it. (Those kinds of things are Big Deals to we the homeschooled.) After spending an evening doing chest compressions on dummies, I was pretty happy to come home to my nice squishy, warm little people. So people, you know how I am. If I do something, I think everyone should do it.  But seriously 2-3 hours of your time… It was completely worthwhile.  And I’m a little embarrassed that I didn’t take it sooner. 

Last weekend was super fun.  (It must have been a way of overcompensating in advance for this weekend J) My brother-in-law, and another friend organize a downhill skiing trip each year.  It’s really a great group of people who turn out. And there is a lot of good conversation in the lodge.  I didn’t want to bother trying to ski, and bring along the requisite gazillion clothes, only to have the kids fall apart.  So Kamie, Blake & I were happy lodge campers.  Then my big feet came in handy… embarrassingly enough, Bronz and I are only ½ a shoe size apart.  So Bronz talked me into putting on his stuff.  (Hey, I’m not too proud to wear Carrharts. Plus, the hills I skied on weren’t exactly the show-off hills.)  What a nice break.  And yes, it is possible to get an adrenaline rush from the bunny hill. 

The best part is when everyone gets back to our host friends’ house.  Their house is huge, as in 30 some people comfortably spent the night.  I tucked the exhausted children in, and then kicked back.  So much fun.  Games until midnight or so.  Then the few bravely awake, or desperate for adult people time – Oh, that was just me, you say? stayed up and talked later, host mama came in and got comfortable on the floor, pizza reappeared.  What great friends we have around us.

1 comment:

  1. I think your blog is so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete