Saturday, January 12, 2013

And Then There Was January

I wish I had something really fascinating to write
or at least a gazillion pictures of my bathroom which is truly becoming beautiful
or maybe before pictures of how awful it truly was (awful enough to totally justify a new whirlpool tub.)  But no, it was Sooo bad that I didn't take pictures of it.  No matter how much I painted, the mildew was still there. The orange rusty tub... the torn linoleum.  It's been a long journey.
In between my painting, never mind, my painting is in between everything else.
Like the flu.  (One person had it, six baths for three people in one day.)
Christmas Cards. (I am now emphasizing the Happy New Year part)
Potty Training. (Why, oh why did I brag about how I was going to do the whole potty training in a day thing?)
Spontaneous Snow Man Making Day at Grandma's
A Cattleman's Banquet was on the slate for tonight. (Best meat you'll ever eat off a plastic plate, or any plate, for that matter.)  Then a phone call that Bronz's very dear Great Grandma was in the hospital with pneumonia, and all the family was flying/driving in.  She's such a sweetheart, I told Bronz.  But, somehow has a lot of spunky-ness to go with.  If ever a person has twinkly eyes it would be Grandma Down.  When Bronz grew up weekly letters would come with a stick of gum or gummy bears stuck in.  And when it was warm, the gummy bears did the same as Frosty. 
So we dropped everything, bathed the kids, cleaned up an accident.  Then answered another phone call which kinda blindsided me. 
Once in Humboldt we were happy to hear that Grandma was actually doing really well, and had made a complete turnaround.  Bronz was able to visit her, and pray with her. We spent most of the afternoon around the best pizza in Humboldt with family.  Kamie was spoiled rotten by a professional balloon artist cousin, who had all his supplies along, he followed her request for a pink monkey, and a pink pig, along with other adorable creations.
But now the house is quiet my last little one is asleep and it's prime painting time. 9:48 p.m.
Postscript:
I was going to write a post about my out-of-the-box new year's resolutions.  How I actually completed it last year, and my amazingly simple one for this year.  Except apparently this year's isn't so simple. Bronz and I holding hands five minutes a day sounded really sweet, and doable to both us... 

1 comment: