Wednesday, December 26, 2012

After Glow


It's not quite 1:00 a.m.
I'm not quite ready to call it a night. 
After expending a crazy amount of energy on this day, It's still to soon to turn off the lights.  Tomorrow, they'll officially be tacky.
So here's the highlights from this year's Christmas celebration.
Having Kamie yell "There's Jesus" when seeing Santa
Walking into Bath & Body to see a familiar looking guy in a Carrhart coat... And I scooted right on out and he doesn't know a thing...
Doing our part in the 'Red Kettle' drive.  (I purposefully did not take a picture- Cuz, there's that fine line between doing cool things to do them, and doing cool things to show others that you're doing cool things.)
Watching an Angel fly at Dad & Mom's Nativity
Looking for beauty each day
Making Orange Rolls with my older sister, at 10:30 p.m., both in our own little houses. (Do great minds think alike, or what!)
Pink tree in Kamies pink bedroom
Spotify - Where I can compile my eclectic (code for eccentric) favorites from Michael Card to Dolly Parton
Kamie wrapping presents for cousins, and being oblivious to the fact that she was going to get presents. (That lasted until she opened her first one.)
Spreading out a plastic tablecloth and frosting a birthday cake for Jesus.
And my favorite was seeing my little bro-in-law give out his gifts, we had drawn names this year, but he still went shopping with his own hard earned money and bought gifts for everyone. Carefully wrapping each item, some with lots of tape, some disguised so they wouldn't be guessed. When Bronz opened up his gift and wondered how he knew that was exactly what he needed, the lil guy's face just beamed.
Merry Christmas!



In the interest of honesty I've got to add a postscript
Christmas morning had the sleep deprived Mama bear, up and running. Presents to wrap, rooms to clean, food to bake, laundry, all while creating that orange roll, coffee, and grapefruit ambience.  Bronz was going to clean the porch clutter up, only to step on some ice, slip, fall, grab onto something and basically pull his fingernail off.  All I saw was that he came running into the house with lots of blood saying "I slipped" While stomping his feet. I thought he had sliced his finger and dropped a knife on his foot.  He was clammy and cold, and obviously in a lot pain, the kids were now up and crying. I was still wearing the only clean clothes I could find without waking anyone up.  Umm Bronz's long johns and a sweatshirt.  About that time I realized my makeup was a mile away. Not like I could put it on if I had it. And it's 20 minutes to arrival. Deep breaths. Bronz's pain reliever kicks in, Blake sleeps, Kamie shapes up, I get dressed, Grind coffee (About now would have been a good time to put the partially thawed mashed potatoes in the oven. Note to self for next year.) Wash the dishes. Not a person arrived before 11:00. Oh Yeah.  (And who cares about makeup we've all seen each other look cruddy.) gifts, Bronz reading from Luke, yummy food, games, cousins hugging, cousins not hugging, movie, peach cobbler. Nighty Night


3 comments:

  1. love this. so real. wish i could be two places at once, or five. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Laura Johnson at http://laurasphotographyfasttrack.blogspot.com/2013/01/two-family-portrait-sessions-and-six.html

      Delete