Monday, December 3, 2012

How Lovely Are Thy Branches -cough, cough,


Tree Hunting today…

With gorgeous 60 degree weather, it didn’t feel quite right.

Not like I’m complaining or anything

We loaded up the kids in the truck.

Note: Kamie goes around telling people “My Dad has a Chevy.”

Said in a my-daddy-can-beat-up-your-daddy tone of voice.  Hysterical.

It’s Bronz’s year to pick a tree, he says no waayy are we going to have a tree as big as last year’s.  I just tell him that it’s his year. I’ll bide my time.

Everything goes all hunky dory, pretty traditional, sunset, cider, one dirty diaper –

Then we get home,

                Again we’re doing pretty good.

                                Bronz reminds me that moving things with my feet isn’t the speediest way to get ready for the great tree set-up.  I remind him that we aren’t being timed or anything on getting this all done and sip my coffee. (Us Fun Country people can be a tad annoying.)  So we take deep breaths.  I watch the kiddos and set out snacks and make up a cheese pizza. Bronz carefully adjusts the tree, sorts out the lights and puts them on.

We have our happy little snack time. 

Bronz goes to make final adjustments on tree, spinning it around just so-

And

Then

It

Tips

Right on top of him.  He’s laying on the floor, with the whole pan of water dripping into the carpet beside, and the tree smack-dab on top of him.

Well then it got a little noisy.  (I did tell him later that I was really glad that he doesn’t swear, cuz’ something like that would be a real test.)

So then we have to do the whole lift-up-the-tree get-it-in-place thing again, and just when we’ve got it almost right – Kamie quits rocking Blake in the recliner, and instead climbs over the back and plops down right on top of him, as in stomach on face, with her red blanket to boot.

I hollered at her and then let go of the tree to grab her… Yup we had to do the rigamarole again.

It’s up now.

Kamie & Bronz got peppermint lotion backrubs.

Smished branches sorta add character.


2 comments:

  1. The tales of finding and putting up the tree. You gave me smiles and remembering . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image of Bronz laying there with the tree smack dab on top of him is hysterical... somehow I bet you were laughing

    ReplyDelete