Saturday, August 25, 2012

What's Goin' On

 
Trying to find a picture with Kamie's beloved 'red blankie' in it... No your eyes aren't playing tricks on you, the blanket is not red, it's pink.  I took it away for naptime today, after informing Kamie that it would be awol if she came out of her room for the 987 gazillionth time.  -Sobs- "I love you red blankie"
Catching up on laundry today. Took everything out of the dryer to find two bean pods... you might be married to a farmer...  On a side note, soybeans are generally just called beans.  Field corn is not sweet corn, just trust me on that one.  And for your own reputation, even if you're not from Iowa do a little simple observation and make sure you can tell the difference between the two crops.
I love the FlyLady, and her concept of cleaning.   I did it pretty religiously before Blake was born... and right now I'm in survival mode, so basically do the bare minimum. (Which is shining your sinks, making your bed, and a load of laundry a day.)  This week I branched out and worked on dejunking, throwing 57 things in a garbage bag. Aah the freedom!  I did Bronz's drawers. (First time in almost 4 years of marriage.) That's a BIG deal. He was even happy, but wondered what I possibly found to throw away, since all of his stuff is valuable. (So you dumpster divers out there, line up for a signature tee -creamy yellow, grease splotched... pink socks are also available)
Since we are being pretty random here- Bronz heard that a neighbor had told a friend that our corn didn't look too good on the West side, now the field borders a road, on the East side.  So in Bronz's words "That's kinda like somebody telling you what color of underwear you're wearing!"
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment