Friday, August 24, 2012

The Why of Home Schooling


I catch myself considering myself as a homeschooler already, with a two-year old and an infant.  Some of it is the model of life long learning, some of it is the idea that when you are responsible for the majority of your child's education you don't have a start date... and anything that can be integrated into daily life is. 
So all that to say when Homeschooling was brought up in Bible Study last night I considered it pertinent to me.
The article basically was talking about how to teach our children about God, and our command:
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.   Deuteronomy 6:6-7     
Then summed it up with:
Which is the reason why many choose homeschooling, since it's easier to teach your children through the day when you are with them.
Yes. That's it. That's why!  Not because I'm better than you. Or my kids are going to be smarter than yours. Or I love my children more. Not cuz' there's a chapter and verse command to homeschool.  Not to shelter the lil punkins from 'outside influences'.
No, we are homeschooling cuz' it's the easiest way for us to obey that command to teach our babies about God throughout our day.
God leads parents and people in different ways.  Whatever way He's leading you let's not confuse the true commands with others interpretations of their application.

No comments:

Post a Comment