Friday, October 19, 2012

What's Cookin'

Coffee
Kleenex
Baby Tylenol
That was the grocery list of absolutes I wanted picked up... Bronz always over shops so I wasn't surprized when I was putting away a lot of other things, but when the coffee still didn't appear...
Honey, I'm not seeing the coffee?
It wasn't on sale. It's like $11!!
Oh, No! What am I going to do? What are you going to do?
As far as I'm concerned minimum wage is around $7.50 and a canister of coffee gets way more than an hour's worth of work done.  So really it's an underpaid wage earner.  (Or in my case, diaper changer)
In other foodie news...
I've made two really good things in the past couple weeks.
Pumpkin Spice Granola
Regular recipe for granola (mine calls for about 5 cups dry ingredients)
1 extra cup dry ingredients - coconut, oatmeal, pecans etc.
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Add 1/2 cup pumpkin to wet ingredients.
Bake as directed.
Yummy!

And I was hungry for Casey's Bacon Chicken Ranch Pizza- So made this:
Bacon Ranch Broccoli Cheese Soup
-I rarely follow recipes-
Made Broccoli Cheese Soup
Fried Bacon & some onion
Noodles
Added about 1/2 cup of Ranch Dressing to the works.
Next time I want to add some chicken, as well.
Everyone devoured it, super good.

So what's cookin' in your oven? (Or crockpot, or microwave...)




No comments:

Post a Comment