Monday, October 15, 2012

Hello Monday!

I've missed you
You bring order
Sanity
A new start
A break from the weekend
you don't make me iron like Sunday does
Speaking of Sunday... despite my best intentions that day >hates< me. Really.  I prepare, plan, clean for a day of non-rest.  Kudos to amazing people like my mom who had all her little girls in two french braids ready for church after orange rolls for breakfast.  (And to think we would fight over the middle roll in the cake pan. Ungrateful little chilluns.)  There's that little matter of Sunday dinner too. We had company yesterday... fun time with one of my besties, and a friend with adorable little two year-old twins.  Before everyone comes my cleanest doesn't seem very clean.  They come and my best laid plans suddenly are very awkward. How do you host, and get food ready, and keep your daughter from stealing all the best toys? Realize you are out of Kleenex, and everyone has colds... Have the cute little boys create a game out of killing box elder bugs.  Eew. Yes, they love us. And we have to all be out of the house to exterminate them. 
Then you come, Monday, and my cleanest feels fabulous
My children are worn out from the weekend
I have leftover dessert
I'm proud of myself for having 'practiced hospitality'
Oh Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment