Thursday, October 11, 2012

survived.20.degree.campout




The good news:                      We survived.

The good news:                      Our tent was warm.

The good news:                      The food was good.

The good news:                      Probably set a record for a family gathering without a big debate.

So, we’ll try to forget about the fact that the kids woke each other up all.night.long.  And Kamie wakes up almost as pleasant as I do.  Oh, and Bronz blew up the air mattress every night when he came to bed, which woke all three of the sleeping beauties.  Reminding one of us that she was a big girl now and had to be responsible and put little ones to bed, and couldn’t stay up until 1:00 a.m. playing cards. (Read middle of the night pity party.)

Leaving the campground I told Bronz “I am so tired I could just cry.” And I did.  Basically it was one of those campouts that translated into Mom-speak was. 1 week of work for 4 days of work, for 2 days of catch-up work. 

Now that I have all that negative junk outta the system…

                I wish I could know how many miles Kamie put on her little crocodile shoes.  It’s so special to see your child playing with your brother/sisters children.  Watching them figure out the pecking order.  Vie for Grandpa and Grandma’s attention.  Go down the slide headfirst.  Decide that the coon Uncle Kain killed had jumped off the cliff.

                This is the first break Bronz has had in a long time… So he enjoyed it thoroughly.  Much to my dismay his phone actually had pretty decent reception.

                Generally it’s a good idea to pick a church for doctrine… but when you’re camping and just visiting, and they say “Don’t worry about being late, you can bring your coffee on in”… Well that’s just a no-brainer.  (It was a great church service, for any concerned)

I discovered Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread, makes a mean S’more.

Win a few, lose a few. – Charlie Brown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment