Thursday, August 1, 2013

Grandma Day Trip

My grandparents faithfully attend a local Bible Conference every year.  We grew up going as well, and I remember special quiet books, and lots of time spent outside the building (apparently that was when the quiet books didn't cut it.) They have speakers... so you can still catch the gist of what's going on.
This year Grandma got a girls group together to hear Kay Arthur... with the promise that she was making lunch for us all afterwards.  Of course we couldn't resist that.  I dropped the kids off at appropriate child care places and sat through the first hour.  I personally was most challenged by:

Happily recovered and drinking
juice with his Mama
Focusing on the Bible as the authority, rather than our feelings or someone else's.
Reminded that we are going to give an account for each day of our lives.  And that leaves no room for rebellious, frivolous tangents.
Her total frankness, and the fact that she genuinely loves God.
 
Blake was traumatized by the nursery so I didn't get as much out of the second half.  Kamie, on the other hand, happily told me when I picked her up "Mom, I was good for pre-school!"   And I'm like -- Whoa-- Did you just say that you were in PRE-SCHOOL! 
Then followed a fun afternoon at my Grandparents condo....
I love how angelic this photo appears... Until I realized Brock and Kamie were having some sort of altercation!

Poor Ty

Mom & Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment