Friday, April 12, 2013

Date Night and Et Cetera


It’s been pretty close to forever since I’ve written…

And I’m not going to even attempt to catch up.  (Sorta like laundry after the flu, it’d be very redundant.)

We are embarking on the novel idea of doing a babysitting swap night twice a month with my brother’s fam.  Kamie was giving Blake the 411 “Tonight Daddy and Mommy are going on a date, and they are going to drop us off at Caleb and Marlys’ house!!” “You won’t be scared of Caleb.” >Pause< >mischievous look< “Caleb IS scary!”  We’ll see how it goes…

I, for one, am looking forward to it. Bronz and I communicated our expectations this morning. We laid our ground rules this morning, in which one of us isn’t to look at their phone and the other of us isn’t to mention f.a.r.m.i.n.g.  Aren’t we fancy.

Now I have to run and get dolled up take a shower, before the lil munchkins wake.  


Grandma Update:

(There you’ve been given your warning,

this is where I’m going to brag on my kids

and say all the boring stuff. Judge not. Leave now.)

 

Blake has had his third haircut, and is now waving and saying “Ha”. He loves to crawl, and be chased. Also in the process of developing an extremely cheesy grin.  He looks like he’ll be my picky eater, everything gets spit out examined, stuffed back in, with Momma as the human napkin. Not funny, my man.

Kamie is finally making some serious headway on potty training. Woot Woot!  The impetus? I have a jar of 21 popsicle sticks, each day that she keeps her training pants dry, she can remove a popsicle stick.  When they are all gone, I’m taking her to the pool.  (Celebrating being dry by getting wet.)  She insists that training pants, be called, that. “Boys wear undies, girls wear training pants.”  A bit disturbing to have her folding laundry and hand over “Your training pants, Mom.”

2 comments:

  1. i love your ground rules. happy date night! and hey. this aunt loves to hear all about her niece and nephew!

    ReplyDelete